Not only are thousands of animal lovers embracing SB 818/HB 597, the Florida Animal Rescue Act, and thanking Senator Bennett and Representative Abruzzo for introducing this important legislation, but leaders of the No Kill Movement have unanimously embraced it as well, including:
- National organizations such as The No Kill Advocacy Center, No Kill Nation, Rescue Five-O and Alley Cat Allies and Best Friends Animal Society.
- Shelter reform advocates across the country, including No Kill Miami, Fix New Mexico, and Justice for Bella.
- Florida shelters including Manatee County Animal Services, the Tampa Humane Society, the Humane Society of St. Lucie County, SPCA Tampa Bay and the Humane Society of Sarasota County.
- Rescue groups throughout Florida State such as The Homeless Pet Advocates, the Miami Coalition Against Breed Specific Legislation, Forgotten Felines of Florida Keys, Florida Boxer Rescue, Kounty Kitties Rescue, Dunedin Doggie Rescue, Mid-FL Cavalier Rescue, German Shepherd Rescue of Central Florida, Animal Rescue Coalition, Spay Florida, Save A Pet Florida, Inc., Save the Animals Now, Spay the Strays Inc., Doberman Rescue Concern, Lost Angels Animal Rescue, LuvAPet, Helping Paws, The Old Dog House, Stop Shipping Horses to Slaughter, Inc., Everglades Rescue, Last Hope Rescue, Happy Tails Wagon, LLC, Dachshund Rescue South Florida, Help Us Help Them, UnderDog Foundation, Meals on Wheels for Pets, Healing Horses “One Child at a Time”, Big Hearts for Big Dogs, Underdog Foundation, Little Angels Rescue, BrevardLostPets.com, Doberman Rescue of North Florida, Sarasota in Defense of Animals, Phoenix Animal Rescue, Pennies in Action, Big Dog Ranch Rescue, Pet Pardons, Shepard Help and Rescue Effort (SHARE), Every Dog Has Its Day, 1 Lucky Dog Rescue, Last Hope Rescue, South Florida Siberian Rescue, Rockin’ Rescue and LoveyLoaves.
- Media including The Bradenton Herald of Manatee County; Christie Keith, columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle; and Mike Fry, host of the nationally syndicated Animal Wise Radio.
- Former Animal Control Director for Bay County, former Board Member for the Florida Animal Control Association and nationally-renowned Canine Behavior expert James Crosby.
Add your name to the voices of compassion. Fill out the form below to endorse the Florida Animal Rescue Act: